About the Factory
To produce tequila with the highest standards of quality to satisfy our customers and to be in the forefront of the tequila industry.
To be one of the best pioneering and top quality tequila production facilities in the world.
Fabrica de Tequilas Finos is known for the high quality products it manufactures, and this is confirmed by its numerous awards from International competitions. It is the home for such brands as: KAH, Cenote, Rooster Rojo, and AC/DC Thunderstuck.
Located at the foot of Tequila Hill, in the legendary town of Tequila, Jalisco State, it is modern, yet still preserves the best tequila production traditions. This is achieved with the help of dedicated people who work for the company, and who know the craft of making tequila. Most of them have worked in the Fabrica since the beginning of its operations.
Mr. Arturo Fuentes Cortes
Luis Alejandro Garcia Páez
- 1999 In the year 1999 they had the opportunity to acquire several pieces of land adjacent to the old Colonial building dated from 1923, and now this building is used as aging cava. They started the construction of the distillery with the ultimate and the state of the art technology.
- 2000 Fabrica de Tequilas Finos started it’s operation in the year 2000 managed by sole owners Mr. Federico Cabo and Mrs. Luz Maria Cabo. Before that, since the year 1984 they owned tequila Eucario Gonzales S.A. de C.V. as a result of this, they had a broad experience and know how in the production and marketing of tequila.
- 2001 In the year 2001 Fabrica de Tequilas Finos started producing Tenoch Tequila, and later on Stallion, Tonala, Don Camilo, Zapopan and Santos. Later new brands were released, such as Pancho Pistolas, La prima de Pancho, And Agave 99. All the brands have been marketed with great success in the US.
- 2016 In the year 2016 the factory was acquired by Amber Beverage Group, leading international wine and spirits company based in Riga, Latvia, producer of Moskovskaya® Vodka, Riga Black Balsam® and many other world famous brands.
- 2017 Year 2017 was an year when new brands Rooster Rojo and Cenote were released for global distribution. The expansion of the facility and construction of visitor center was started.
The Distillery is located in the city of Tequila, Jalisco, 40 minutes drive from Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, right in front of the old railroad station, at the foot of Tequila Hill. Tequila city was recently named Pueblo Magico by the UNESCO.
Tequila production at Fabrica de Tequilas Finos
- Agave comes from Los altos de Jalisco and Tequila region
- The agave plant needs 6 or 7 years to be ready for harvest
- Finos buys only selected agave from trusted farmers, to ensure consistent quality of raw materials
- Each party is carefully inspected before production in order to have enough sugars to be further used in the highest type of tequila production
- The pinas, which arrive to the factory, are cut in 2 or 4 parts
- The agave is dispatched to the autoclave in order to cook the agave, causing a transformation of sugars
- Diffuser is not used in the process
Shredding and Fermentating
- After cooking agave for 10 hours, pinas are shredded by the modern shredder
- The juice is separated from agave fibers by presses
- Special yeast is added to the juices – a process used since the beginning of factory operations and remains a closely guarded secret of the master distiller
- Fermentation lasts up to 72 hours before the liquid can be distilled
- Tequila distillation is made in stainless steel pot stills, which allow the distillate to preserve the natural flavors of the highest quality agave
- Double pot distillation is used
- Only the ‘hearts” of the distillate are taken by the master distiller
- For the production of KAH, only 100% pure agave is used
- After distillation, the final product is transparent, with a brilliant and beautiful sparkle, and features smooth cooked agave flavors, with hints of fruits. The alcohol content gives the sensation of freshness, and roundness. This is Blanco tequila.
- Part of Blanco tequila is sent to barrels to mature in the “Fabrica de Tequilas Finos” premises. Reposado tequilas are aged in big French oak casks, Anejo in 200 liter used American oak casks, acquired from bourbon distilleries.